Lodging at Tesoro Verde
The Association of Conservationists of Tesoro Verde was originally founded in 1998 by a group of Woman and their Husbands in order to stop the ongoing crimes against nature in the rural community of Los Planes and the vicinities of Drake Bay. Los Planes itself was founded some 50 years ago and has around 50 families inhabiting the area. The idea was to establish a self reliable community, which is oriented towards the future and stays in harmony with it’s surrounding nature.
Tesoro Verde Lodge is situated at the northwestern tip of Corcovado National Park, in the rural rainforest town of Los Planes in Drake Bay (Bahia Drake) on the Osa Peninsula in southern Costa Rica.
At Tesoro Verde we are well aware of the fragile environment that surrounds us and of which we are a part. We actively participate in the Rainforest Alliance Program for sustainable tourism.
As a cooperative team oriented community business we are helping to develop our town in a sustainable matter and actively protect it’s natural resources, such as the rainforest and it’s native inhabitants as well as water wells.
At the Tesoro Verde we have incorporated the following measure to stay as green as possible:
· We recycle our waste and deposit it the appropriate way
· We use no chemical products which harm the environment
· All black water passes a green filter before going into a septic tank
· We keep energy and water usage to a minimum and make our visitors aware of it
· We protect a 15 hectares rainforest reserve
At Tesoro Verde we try to cater to your needs. We offer different ways to stay with us depending on your likes.
Click on your prefered option to get additional information.
· Lodge – if you’d like to have everything pre-arranged to engage fully in your vacation this might be the best option for you
· Hostel – Just want a room and cook your own meals? and check out the offers and explore while staying here with us
· Camping spend your nights in our Garden and cook your meals in or kitchen
· 3 Rooms with a Queen Size Bed and an extra single Bed
· 3 Rooms with a single and a Bunk Bed
· Ample dining area, that’s open all night long
· Shared Showers (Hot Water) and Bathrooms
· Garden to lay in the sun, watch hummingbirds or pitch your tent
· 15 Hectares private primary Rainforest Reserve, free to explore and fully equipped with 4 trails
· Laundry Service (given to somebody in town)
Tesoro Verde can host a maximum of 18 People.
Here you find the Basic Rates for Tesoro Verde. Please get in touch for Package Deals or specific Tour Rates.
Lodge – All Inclusive
LODGE: 45 $ pP.
· Your stay at Tesoro Verde
· 3 Meals a day
· Free use of Tesoro Verde private Reserve